For ensuring a successful integration with a system, some basic elements should be in place. First a method for interacting with the remote system user’s password. To determine if integration is possible please answer the questions below:
1. Integration Method
- Is it possible to reset any user’s password using Command Line Execution, Web Service request, API or using access to Data storage? (There might be multiple possibilities, all should be mentioned)
- If so, can the operation be executed locally on the MyPass server or from a remote server?
- Is the password on the remote system encrypted? If so, is the encryption method or DLL accessible? Or will the provided integration method take care of the encryption?
2. Integration Options
- Is there a Password Policy on the remote system as well as any special requirements?
- (Optional) Can the user be locked? What is the rules for this? Should MyPass unlock the user when resetting the password?
- (Optional) Is there a “User Must Change Password at next logon” flag in the system and should this be set?
- Does the system require any upper/lower-case manipulation with the username or password?